Portland Real Estate Agent Commission
2% – 4.5%
A fair price for full service.
I provide more services than a 6 or 7% Portland Agent.
- Typical Commission: The 6% agent will typically give 2% to 2.7% commission to the buying agent and keeps 3.3 to 3.5%. I keep only 2% and offer what % you want to the buying agent.
- Buyer’s Agent Commission: If a selling agent does not offer at least 2% to a buying agent it is unlikely the buying agent will show the listing, even though it is illegal to discriminate based on offered commission. Most of my clients list with me for a total of 4.5%, 2% for myself and 2.5% for the buyer’s agent. If there is not a buyer’s agent on the deal and I represent the seller and the buyer, the total commission cost is 3%. If I only represent the seller and the buyer chooses to self represent or use a lawyer, the commmission remains 2% total. See the Buy page for exclusive buyer’s agent commission.
Fair and Reasonable: I believe Portland real estate agent commissions should be fair and reasonable. (Even at 4.5% that is 25% off the typical 6% listing cost.) Though I have become more successful over the years, reaching Top 10% in the country, I have maintained a reasonable commission rate. Let me know if I can help you today!
Contact me now.
Latest posts by Stephen FitzMaurice, REALTOR in Portland (see all)
- Professional Photographs – should I use to sell my Portland home? - October 29, 2013
- Portland Real Estate Market Update: Autumn as usual? - October 28, 2013
- Buying a Portland Home – with a little help from your friends - October 15, 2013