Portland Real Estate Agent Commission
4.5% – 2%
A fair price for full service.
I provide more services than a 6 or 7% Portland Agent.
- Typical Commission: The 6% selling agent will typically give 2% to 2.7% commission to the buying agent and keeps 3.3 to 3.5% commission. I keep only 2% and offer what % commission you want to the buying agent.
- Buyer’s Agent Commission: If a selling agent does not offer at least 2% to a buying agent it is unlikely the buying agent will show the listing, even though it is illegal to discriminate based on offered commission. The vast majority of the time in the Portland, Oregon area the buyers agent is offered 2.5% commission. Most of my clients list with me for a total of 4.5%, 2% for myself and 2.5% for the buyer’s agent. If there is not a buyer’s agent on the deal and I represent the seller and the buyer, the total commission cost is 3%. If I only represent the seller and the buyer chooses to self represent or use a lawyer, the commmission remains 2% total. See the Buy page for exclusive buyer’s agent commission.
Fair and Reasonable: I believe Portland real estate agent commissions should be fair and reasonable. (Even at 4.5% that is 25% off the typical 6% listing cost.) Though I have become more successful over the years, reaching Top 10% in the country, I have maintained a reasonable commission rate. Let me know if I can help you today!
Latest posts by Stephen FitzMaurice, REALTOR in Portland (see all)
- Boost Portland Home Values with Smart Bathroom Remodels - February 27, 2014
- Sell your Home Fast in Portland, A How To Guide - February 17, 2014
- Portland Real Estate Agents: The Original Sharing Economy - February 16, 2014