How Long Does it Take to Sell a Home in Portland, Oregon?
If this report was from quarter one of 2022, it might feel like one weekend, or just a few days. However, inventory is always the highest in the fall in Portland, and combine that with rising interest rates, and the average number of days it takes to sell a home in Portland, Oregon right now is pretty high.
Homes in the Fall and Winter take Longer to Sell
During the best time of the year to sell a home (March – May) days on market is always pretty low. But during the seasonally best time of the year to buy a home (July through September) inventory is high and days on market get longer.
Average Numbers of Days to Sell by Month
|May 2022||June 2022||July 2022||August 2022||September 2022|
|Days to Sell||Days to Sell||Days to Sell||Days to Sell||Days to Sell|
Different Types of Homes Sell Faster than Others
We perform a lot of research on this, mostly because I find it fascinating.
- Homes with at least one Bedroom Suite (attached bath) sell 25% faster than homes that don’t have one (calculating similar sq. ft., location, and other home characteristics).
- Single level homes sell 22% faster than any homes with more than one story.
- Luxury homes take the longest to sell (in general). In Portland the top 25% of housing prices today would be represented by a home priced at $1,088,500 with 3252 sq. ft. and four bedrooms and three full bathrooms. The average time to sell in 2022 for this pricing tier has remained roughly double that of any other priced home in the metro.
Homes in the Suburbs are Selling Faster than Homes in the City
|Days on Market||Days on Market||Days on Market||Days on Market||Days on Market||Days on Market|
Some Realtors Sell Homes Faster than Others
- Homes with 3D tours sell 20% faster than those without (we always list with the highest end 3D software available, Matterport).
- Homes listed on multiple MLS systems sell faster (read the report to be convinced).
- Agents that follow the research on what exactly sells homes across the country, sell homes faster.
- Because we pay attention to the research and are willing to spend more to market our client’s homes, we typically sell homes 25-40% faster than the local average any given year (licensed since 2003).
4% Commission Max. to Sell a Home
We charge less than most and sell homes faster and for more. We provide cancel anytime contracts for no charge, and are over 2,000 local home sales.
If you’re having trouble selling your home, or are worried about selling your home in the current or future real estate market, give our expert, top 1% sellers agents a call today at 503-714-1111 or chat with the bot on this site. We’d love to talk with you today.September 7, 2022